Vapour Aura Multi Use Blush Classic in 213 Courtesan

A while ago I reviewed and swatched the Vapour Organic beauty concealer (here). I also bought a swatch of their Courtisan blush for testing and as an organic alternative for the non-organic blushes I have.
Courtesan is described as a "classic rose" on their website. Most people into blush love to go for the pinky corals that are related to the NARS orgasm family (and their many offsprings). I have a preference for rose-coloured blushes: it mimicks my natural flush the most and it looks also flattering as a colour on the lips.

The promise:


 The ingredients:
from naturisimo

Before I discuss the texture and the fact if it will work on both cheeks and lips (didn't want to use rose on my eyes) I will look at the colour first:

Colour sample: a reasonable amount:

When a cosmetic addict fan like me receives something, I often try to link it to another colour that I might have that would be similar.

Initially, I thought it would match closely to NYX doll lipstick and Sephora Nano lipliner in 15 Royal rose: according to the colours on their packaging I suggest they would be close matches

And then again, they are not similar at all: no sibling material. All three part of the rose family but all three such different roses.

I wondered if one of my other cream-cheek blush would be similar. My initial thought was the Lipstick queen (hybrid) colour in Minor Crisis:


Swatched:
(not the best swatch due to the flash)
Lipstick queen is the cooler rose of the two. Vapour Courtesan contains some red that makes it slightly warmer and more red.

Texture/Hybridity:
  • it is really pigmented for a normal and even for an organic blush.
  • Normally, the hybrid lip/cheek performs a bit lesser on the lips, however, this one brings out a lovely and visible stain with a reasonably creamy base. I spreads quite evenly over the lips
  • for cheeks I advise good blending because it is quite pigmented 
Conclusion:

Organic cosmetics have come a long way since they were introduced and lots of brands have jumped to the occasion to go organic. Vapour is a newer and not that widely known as RMS but I think it delivers on creating a good concealer (see post) and a beautiful rosy blush/lip hybrid product. I like the fact that you can carry it around in a thin stick when buying full-size, which is also somewhat more hygienic than a pot.

Availability:

I bought my sample at naturisimo but they have been OOS for a while. Their full size is only available in Tender at the moment (here) which looks more like a highlighter to me. I think the vapourbeauty.com website is the best bet for both samples and full-size right now

wdcfawqafwef